Quote of the Week



Today we may say aloud before an awe-struck world: "We are still masters of our fate. We are still captain of our souls."

Monday, January 7, 2008

The Title Says it All.....

I would say that I am an average American and I think that the adjective "angry" when applied to myself and many others is accurate. I am a stay at home mom to two little girls, but contrary to the opinions of Linda Hirschman, I am extremely active in politics and I would consider myself to be educated on the issues that face our country.
Once a week, I will be blogging here about the upcoming election, issues that face our country, the faux paus of the various candidates etc..... In this election year, the outcome is just too important to sit idly by. We all have to challenge one another to do more, say more, think more and most importantly, to get out there and exercise our civic duty to vote.
I don't know about you, but I am so bone weary of politics as usual. I'm tired of the status quo - politicians make promises for a better tomorrow and then blame the "other side" when they don't or can't deliver. I'm tired of our country being a country of "red" and "blue" states. When I look at our country from space, I don't see any "red" or "blue". Shouldn't every single American care more about what is best for their country than they do about political party?
I'm tired of individuals who drink the blue and red kool aid and do little more than regurgitate the talking points of their party. This blog is about ideas - evaluating honestly those put forth by both sides. I hope you will join me on this journey and maybe, this really is our moment to make a difference. Maybe together we really can make a real change for the betterment of our country, ourselves and our children.

5 comments:

kre4christ said...

i agree with you on this one, snow. i don't believe in voting for someone just because they are the same political affiliation as you. i'm a republican, but doesn't mean i will vote for a republican president. i'm going to vote for the most qualified.

Unknown said...

I have been following the election pretty close and with a critical eye. I am made my selection and I hope that the other who do choose to vote, will have spent as much time pouring over the issues as I have.
If you are not aware of what's going on... DON'T VOTE!

snowflake said...

I think what is more constructive here a.b., is to encourage all and assist in educating others, not discouraging every citizen from exercising their right to vote!

Bernadette T. Vadurro said...

Well written Snowflake. The reality is that most Americans are in the words of Barack Obama "PURPLE" The politics of division must stop because UNITED we STAND, DIVIDED we FALL.

Sadly some politicans continue to use the politics of division to tear our nation apart.

Becoming well informed and educated on the issues is the first step to healing the divisions as I know the majority of Americans agree on most of the issues.

navywife6 said...

I vote every time and NEVER just vote my party, I'm all for "best person for the job" I think this blog is a GREAT IDEA and that we'll be able to see other sides by reading your blog and the comments.....I hope we aren't just a nation of blue and red this year and that EVERYONE researches at least a little bit before voting.

Thanks for doing this